Monday, January 7, 2013

A birthday is another 365-journey around the sun!


Love this sentiment, don't you?  

If you pay close attention to the photographs and the finished product, 
you will notice that I had 
considerable difficulty printing this graphic to the correct size
 (this is one of the few times I've used a graphic - 
needless to say, I need more practice). 

 Notice also, that the "sun" changes a couple of times in this card -
 I just couldn't get it the way I wanted, possibly if I had printed it out on the "champagne" paper, it would have worked better, but
 learning this craft is my first objective here.  
So learning, I am.  


I found this graphic some time ago while surfing the net and saved it 
knowing I would use it one of these days. 
 I don't remember where I found it - 
one of the digital image sites I peep.  


The sun stamp image is one of the very first stamps I ever bought,
 a gazillion years ago,
 before I ever really used them.  
I saw it and loved it and
 knew I'd enjoy it someday. 
 I'm so glad someday is finally here.



The layout inspiration can be attributed to the
 Deconstructed Scetch No 83
 (and Design Team Call -
 fingers crossed, positive vibes and all that manifesting stuff I read about all the time). 
I also am hoping for a spot on their Design Team - wish me luck.



The colors in the layout is based upon The Play Date Cafe's Frosty Beauty PDCC163 Challenge @ http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/
 The suggested colors in this card were:  Champagne..Sky Blue and Tangerine.  



I also incorporated the challenge from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps #SNSDC86 - Something New @ http://sweetnsassydigis.blogspot.com/2013/01/snsdc86-something-new.html.
  I received this beautiful bling from some friends and was 
waiting for the opportunity to use it.  
Hey - when opportunity knocks..... 



 The bling fit into the Paper Pretties PWC239 Challenge asking for BLING! @ http://paperprettiesblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/paper-pretties-wednesday-challenge.html

Since this was a "digital only challenge" my sentiment works perfectly here. 
 It also works for the Jingle Belles  Look What Santa Brought Me Challenge @ http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/2013/01/look-what-santa-brought-me.html

 All my new "stuff" allowed me to enter Challenge @350 - Something New @ Cute Card Thursday @ http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2013/01/challenge-250-something-new.html and 

This card will also be entered in the Tsuami Rose Design Wednesday Challenge 1 - Anything Goes @ http://tsunamirosedesigns.blogspot.com/2013/01/wednesday-challenge-1-anything-goes.html
and the 2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Challenge #125 Anything Goes - @ http://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/


Paper Play Challenge #73 - Week 1 - Celebration 

Bunny Zoe's Celebration and DT Call

Stamping With the Dragon "Anything Goes" 

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my new passion!
Thanks for all the tips!

Blessings!






5 comments:

  1. Fabolous card.Love the design with the image and lovely teamed up papers. Thanks for playing at
    Inky Impressions and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for another challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! Love the details! Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card design and great sentiment, Trudy. Thanks for joining the Sweet 'n Sassy Digi Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fun. I really like how you interpreted the sketch. :) Thanks for joining us at the Deconstructed Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really fabulous card, love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete