Monday, May 27, 2013

Read - Dream

Hey ya'll.  Today's card is
Read All About It 
(Make a Bookmark or Add a Book)

I used this adorable 
image from 
for my Design Team Inspiration.  

Yes,
 that's right -
 my first card as a member of
Design Team Family! 

Yeah!!!



This is a step card - I keep a "template" in a notebook of the various types of cards I find.  
It can be modified to fit any image I've used, with just a little effort.

 Since I don't have a large collection of markers 
(YET - I now have 24 or 25 Spectrum Noir and will add to the collection when I can),
 I color with watercolor pencils or,
 in this case, 
with regular colored pencils. 
 I do my coloring, shading and outlining and blend with baby oil on a qtip.


 I drew the clouds free hand, fancy cut them and outlined them with Liquid Pearls.
 I  brushed them lightly with white glue and added the glitter.


 I printed the sentiments on white card stock, inked and added the gold thread

 The flourishes were cut on white card stock and inked with the Distress Paint.  
Gold Liquid Pearls and the clear acrylic gems were randomly added as accents.


Supplies and Materials Used:

  • Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Twenty-Nine
  • Sizzix Decorative Flourish Dies
  • Cream and White  Colorbok Card Stock
  • Decorative Paper (                       )
  • Liquid Pearls - Bisque and Gold
  • Tim Holtz Distress Paint Tarnished Brass
  • Ink:  Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Mustard Seed and Dried Marigold
  • Blended Thread - Gold 0 HTC Handler Textile Corp.
  • Clear Glitter
  • Darice Adhesive Back Acrylic Gems (Gold)
  • Clear Adhesive Gems - Walmart
  • ATG
  • Foam Tape



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Card and welcome aboard the team Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete