Monday, November 18, 2013

Love To Create is having a Sketch Challenge

I love sketch challenges, maybe because I'm one of those who doesn't always plan a layout and details prior to beginning a creation.  I get my image in front of me first, start looking at papers and just dive in. 
 Believe me, this system doesn't always result in a good ending (some projects end up in the Lost and Found area of my studio aka Never Never Land). 
 However, there are those times when you just sit back and smile at the results. 
 I'm sure you can relate.

Challenge #92
Sketch


My inspiration card for you today was created around this adorable digital from one of our great sponsors this week;

 Whoopsi Daisy. 







And here is your sketch!


As you can tell, I don't always follow the sketch exactly, I have this need to "do my own thing, ya know, walk to the beat of a different drummer, take the road less traveled, etc. 

The 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" base is made from White Colorbok card stock and utilitizes a top fold.  The next layer (Cartaa Bella 6 x 6 Winter Fun by Carina Gardner) designer paper is cut to 5 1/4" x 5 1/4"
 The blue metallic cardstock (Shimmer Matstack from DCWV, Inc.) is cut approximately 3" x 4 3/4"  and topped with white (cut to fit), which was dry embossed with The Paper Studio's A2 Snowflakes folder.
 I did the reverse (blue on white) for the second layer.
 Die cut center focal point with Spellbinders Shapeabilities Parisian Motifs Die and cut circle to fit for the center.

 The tag is cut from Parisian Accents (Spellbinders) die and topped with a circle cut to size from the blue metallic card stock. 
 It is then stamped with your sentiment which is a
 sneak peek
 at one of the great sentiments on the  Lots of Words 2013 set which will be released in December of 2013 by Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps (a Hendrich Company). 

 I colored my image with colored pencils, and added the shimmer and puffiness with Tulip Glitter Diamond Dimensional Fabric Paint (my local WalMart was out of white puffy paint, which was my first choice after seeing the DT card from Amanda this week - check it out here).

The corner pieces were cut from the same Spellbinders Parisian Motifs die set and painted with the Tulip Diamond Glitter.

Silver ribbon was secured with my ATG.

 I added the first panel with the ATG.

 And then the second. ( I did not measure where these panels went, just placed them where I felt comfortable with them). 

The glitter paint was brushed on the center die cut and circle, then the image was mounted with foam tape.  The entire piece was attached to the card with the ATG and additional micro dots where needed.

I added a bow with a Recollections Adhesive Snowflake center, and lastly, the sentiment (with a little bling of your choice)

No comments:

Post a Comment