Monday, November 11, 2013

The Country Floral Oval from Becky's Place makes a terrific card to give Thanks!

The challenge theme this week at
 is
 "Thanks and/or Thanksgiving"


 I've used this beautiful image from

 Beccy's Place,

 called

 Country Floral Oval,

 for my DT inspiration card for you this week, 

which you can purchase here.

 I started my card with a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 white (Colorbok) card stock base and layered it with a 5 x 4 piece of designer paper (Colorbok 4.5 x 7.25 Photo Mats - Brights).  

 I cut another piece of the white card stock to 4 3/4 x 3 3/4
  and "embossed/scored" a diagonal patter with my Scor-Pal at 1/2" increments and attached it to the pink designer paper with an ATG.
 I added Flamingo Liquid Pearls to the scored intersecting lines, allowed to dry and added some scrap ribbon.  This was then attached to the card base using my ATG.
 The image was completed using water color pencils and stamping the Thank You For Being My Friend sentiment (Mark's Finest Papers and Stamps - Autumn Friendship 2012 mini set) with Memento Rose Bud Ink.
 I cut another oval piece of the designer paper to mount the image on. 
 Once this image and backing was attached to the card (ATG) I used the same Flamingo Liquid Pearls to accent the flower petals and centers.
A bow was added from the same ribbon, a piece of the designer paper added to the inside (this was scrap, and wasn't measured, just attached with the ATG).

It's just a sweet card!  

I hope you have gotten a little inspiration from my card and think about joining in on the challenge this week.

Blessings,
Trudy

No comments:

Post a Comment