Monday, February 3, 2014

It's February!  
I hope you are enjoying every crafting moment of it!

Thank you so very much for checking out my creation today. 
 I look forward to seeing your comments, and hopefully, seeing you as a new follower of my blog.

These beautiful designer papers are from the Parisian Daydream Printable Journal Collection from Tsunami Rose Designs.  The colors and designs from this collection are absolutely stunning.  You can find them at the Zibbet Shop or Esty by following the links below.

I've been busy in the studio working on some creations for Tsunami Rose Designs and am having the best time.  Don't you love it when your designs just pop using such incredible papers.  Daisy has outdone herself with this collection, which we worked with awhile back, I'm so glad we have the opportunity to work with it again and bring it to every one's attention.

I chose the page with the musical notes, I just love the relaxing and antique feel of it.  Each layer of the card uses one of Daisy's papers from this collection.



Close up of front detail


Inside of card showing tag/bookmark 




I choose my papers and decide upon my layout first and since these papers are so close to 5 x 7 when I trim them, and I didn't want to cut any of the design off, a 5 x 7 card it is.

Lace, trims and accent pieces for consideration

Bling - a girl's gotta have lots and lots of bling.  

Using paper punches to make some of the flowers from the designer paper

The card base if cut at 5 x 7 and the next two layers are each 1/8" less on the tops and sides respectfully


The ovals die cut with Spellbinders Lacy Ovals Nestabilities and Classic Ovals (Lg) and the tag is from Fancy Tags (Shapeabilities) (although beautiful, I ended up not using this little tag).  

The "Parisian Daydreams" image was fussy cut from the collection, distressed and added to the top of the tag holder

Distressing and coloring the round doily 
Black satin bow added to the tag and everything attached to the inside cover of the card using my ATG

This was white lace from my stash that I colored using Apple Barrel Black Acrylic Paint and a foam brush


After the lace was attached to the top layer, each layer was attached together with my ATG.; then I added a layer of the Paper Studio's Gemstones to the top edge of the lace.

I used a Mark's Finest Papers stamp (Huge Blooms 2013) sentiment with Color Box Black Pigment ink and cut with one of the oval Spellbinders dies

Shaping, molding and embellishing the flowers


Adding Recollections Black Adhesive Rhinestones

The lace flowers I fussy cut was from the bottom of an old nightgown (talk about re-using).

The sentiment oval was attached with foam tape and from there I just started layering feathers, leaves and flowers until I was happy with the results








"Parisian Daydream" Printable Journal Kit
Tsunami Rose Designs Links

No comments:

Post a Comment